Buddy Walk Highlights and Tips – April 7th
17th Annual Buddy Walk
May 6, 2017
Be a Part of the Fun!
The Buddy Walk is one month away,
SIGN UP TODAY!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY
2017 Dates to Remember:
Buddy Walk Registration
Last day to be guaranteed a t-shirt
May 3 & 4:
T-shirt pick up at the DSOSN office for team captains, families and individuals
Last day for online registration
17th Annual DSOSN Buddy Walk
Last day to receive donations online through Firstgiving and deadline for fundraising for individual incentives
Fundraising Tips of the Day
Tips on Using Social Media for Buddy Walk® Fundraising
Be involved on Social Media
- “Like” DSOSN on Facebook www.facebook.com/dsosn1
- Follow DSOSN on Twitter https://twitter.com/dsosn
- Repost/retweet USOD page posts and tweets to generate excitement
- Create a Facebook group for your team, where you can post important registration and donation information, as well as day-of information for all of your friends
Use statuses and tweets to:
- Provide a link directly to your team page
- State your purpose and request clearly
- Create buzz and excitement
- Post updates regularly about goals you are setting and reaching as a team
- Post pictures of last year, your buddy, preparation for day-of, etc.
- Refer to our Social Media Guide for suggested tweets and posts
- Ask for a specific amount on a specific day
- “Help us reach $1,500 by the end of the day. Only $250 to go”
BUDDY WALK DETAILS:
Sunset Park, 2601 E Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV 89120 (Section F)
Saturday – May 6, 2017
8:00 am – 10:00 am: Buddy Walk Registration, Food, Fun, Games and ongoing Entertainment
10:00 am – 10:30 am: Welcome, Announcements, Proclamations & Warm-Up
10:30 am – 11:00 am: Let the Walk Begin!
11:00 am – 12 Noon: Entertainment, Raffles, Prizes and Awards
Sign Up Today!
There are several ways to register for the Buddy Walk as a Team Captain, a member of a team or as an individual walker or family.
And you can also register through Firstgiving.com and pay your
Registration Fee, select t-shirt sizes and begin fundraising by creating your very own fundraising page.
What does it cost to participate in the Buddy Walk and what does it include?
Although we hope everyone participates as a fundraiser for the Buddy Walk, the minimum cost to participate are as follows:
Individual Walker Registration Fee: $20 up until April 28th and $25 the Day-of
Family Registration (up to 4): $40 by April 28th and $50 the Day-of
The Buddy Walk registration includes your t-shirt(s), food, fun, games and entertainment. (Raffle Tickets are extra)
Buddy Walk Team Captain Details:
One of the “fun” ways to participate in the Buddy Walk is to be a Team Captain and form your own Buddy Walk Team. This is also a great way to “fundraise” and have your team get credit for all the efforts of you and your team mates.
Sign-up today to be a Buddy Walk Team Captain
2017 Buddy Walk Incentives:
DSOSN will provide 2 FREE tickets
to the 29th Annual Festival of Trees & Lights
for all fundraisers who raise
$5,000 or more
NDSS has not yet announced their 2017 Buddy Walk Incentives. They are supposed to be announced next week. They will be similar to previous years. Incentives are a great way to motivate your friends, family and team members to raise funds and be able to select great prizes based on your fundraising levels. Have “fun” “fundraising” and earn those prizes!
Thank You EVERYONE for “Being a Buddy” and Being a Star” for the 17th Annual DSOSN Buddy Walk and we look forward to seeing everyone on May 6th!
For any additional information or questions, please contact Buddy Walk Event Chair Deann Cline at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 702-648-1990.